The Strategic Partnership “GAINKids: Global Citizenship for Kids” provides educational innovative tools on diversity, gender equality, non-discrimination and equal-opportunities for the early school education sector.
The project intellectual outcomes are based on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and it focuses on its dimensions: Survival and Development Rights (Provention Rights), Protection Rights and Participation Rights.
- Considering educators and professional of education, fundamental agents in the construction of the process of Citizenship and Equal Opportunities, the project aims to:
- Train professionals to work on the Rights of the Child in the context of a early school education;
- Sensitize families to the importance of the Rights of the Child, respect and acceptance of difference;
- Involve children in the reflection and production of the project’s development instruments), Protection Rights and Participation Rights.
Gainkids focuses on the following areas of intervention:
- Pedagogical Training – Teachers and children
- Professional Training – Training teachers and auxiliaries/professionals
- School Community – Working with the families and in the community in a School approach logic
A transverse program to develop, training and disseminate a pedagogical toolkit. The strategy set seven priority areas:
- Global Citizenship: What are we talking about?
- Equal Opportunities for all Children
- Citizenship and Participation
- Gender Equality and Gender Identity
- Non Discrimination
- Social and Family Participation